I worked on contract with MIT/ University of Ballarat courses to invigilate exams for two years. My worked included invigilating examinations for under graduate and post graduate university students.
My duties included:
- Setting up examination venue and assisting the Chief Invigilator, following instructions as requested.
- Setting up allocated work area/block and assisting other invigilators where required.
- Issuing examination papers as required.
- Supervising candidates during examinations.
- Collection of attendance slips and completed examination papers.
- Comply with Examination Rules and Procedures stipulated in the Invigilators Manual and other relevant policies.
- Documenting and reporting incidences of misconduct.
It was also one of my responsibilities to ensure the exam is conducted fairly and that no student is cheating.
Therefore I have demonstrated
- Achievement and a commitment to the provision of quality customer service.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and sensitively with all levels of University staff, students and general public.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand and implement instructions.
- Previous experience supervising in test conditions.
- Computer literacy.
Knowledge of, and/or previous experience in the university sector.