Administrative Officer (Student Records) & IT/ IS Lecturer
Melbourne Institute of Technology/University of Ballarat
April 2005 – September 2008 (3 years 6 months) Melbourne Area, Australia
I have provided front of house services to local & overseas students, University of Ballarat/ MIT Staff and other stakeholders. I was responsible for CoE (Confirmation of Enrollment’s) – creation/updating area. Managing databases of the university and Institute with up-to-date information, sorting out discrepancies between University of Ballarat and MIT Melbourne System, Assisting students with enrolments and admissions related issues i.e. explanation of their course content, Illustrating the differences between the courses, Assisting them with general Inquiries, Enrolling students during enrollments-time and contacting the students personally for the feedback at the end of the every semester, Student-Counseling, Staff training and fulfilling all the compliance related area/ issues of the Institute/ University etc…
- Focused, responsible, rendered competent through trial and experience, professional, unbiased, qualified
- Completed work schedules and arranged appointments for staff and students, Communicated with customers, employees, and other individuals to disseminate and explain information, Compiled, copied, sorted, and filed records of office activities, business transactions,
- Read and answered correspondence, Studied management methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, and implement cost reductions, Planned conferences, Interpreted administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees, Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in customer service activities, Planned, prepared, and devised work schedules, according to budgets and workloads,
- Observed and evaluated workers’ performance, Issued instructions and assigned duties and other activities etc…
- Coordinated and directed office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, to aid executives
As an Information/ Student records officer, I have:
- Written straightforward records management procedures for Policy and Planning and records management staff and monitored departmental compliance with them so that staff know how to use the records management system and the department has confidence that its records are controlled.
- Ran the Central Records Registry and process Policy and Planning records by creating paper and electronic folders, filing and retrieving information in accordance with departmental records management procedures so that staff can find the information they need quickly and easily.
- Under the direction of the University Records Manager, managed the location and storage of Policy and Planning records, including: conducting an annual records audit; organised the disposal of Policy and Planning records in accordance with their retention schedule; ensured that access to Policy and Planning records is controlled at all times in accordance with departmental policy and procedure; and took part in work of a manual nature in relation to the movement of records between storage areas.
- Delivered straightforward training, advice and support to Policy and Planning staff on records management policies and procedures to ensure that staff is obtaining maximum benefit from the records management system and that the department’s records are controlled.
- Maintained management information about Policy and Planning records by updating spreadsheets, Internet, Intranet and database records so that the department knows what information it has, and what should be done with it.
- Provided some clerical and secretarial support to the Records Management Section to support the effective running of the section.
- Undertook other duties as assigned from time to time.