Sukh Sandhu is an internationally known Lecturer, entrepreneur, development thinker, webmaster, writer, poet, Instructional Designer and Business Analyst, who has worked with some of the most famous and reputed International and national organisations such as Navitas, Webcom Technologies USA, Good Company, The alliance for safe children, Gowrie Victoria, MIT, TMG, Heights, NIIT, ASQA etc. in his 18+ years of professional career.
Sukh Sandhu was born to Mr. Gurnam Singh Sandhu and Rashpal Kaur in Fatehabad, Haryana, India into a Sikh family. His father was a successful business man (owner of Sandhu Soap Factory – A very popular brand) and mother, a Nurse Supervisor (Medical).
Sukh studied at Lord Mha Vira Convent School, Ratia till fourth standard and then most of his studies were from Government Senior Secondary Schools.
Other schools which I attended are:
- New Era Convent School
- Mother India Convent School
- Bal Bharti
He attended Kurukshetra University for Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) and Masters of Computer Science standing first throughout his academic career.
He went on to read for another Masters of Information Technology at MIT.
He won several prizes from cultural activities and functions at district and state level. He participated regularly in cultural and social activities from 1988 to 2000 (For 12 years). He took his stage acts professionally and performed at many dramas including “Bhakt Prahlad”, “Raja Harishchandera”,” Kutumb”, “Ayodhya” etc. He was a regular participant at “Ramleela” – an enactment of the exploits of Lord Rama (an incarnation of God in human form) from 1988 to 2000.
Some of the achievements from his early years are listed below:
- January, 2005, Haryana Punjabi (Sahit) Kala Manch – Got First prize in “Mini Story Competition” on the basis of Lok Sewa Story
- May, 1997, Adara “Rooh” , Hisar – successfully participated in “Educational Quiz Contest” organized by Adara (Rooh) Hisar and won the FIRST Prize.
- Always got first prize from his participation in stage acts and dramas from 1988 to 2000
- In 2003, from his PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra He got fourth rank and completed the course with the first division.
- November, 2004, Inlingua, Chandigarh – Got Scholarship in Inlingua Certificate of excellence (English) from Inlingua International English School, passed it with 88% marks
- In 1998-1999 a USA based organisation Webcom Technologies USA conducted a National Talent Search Examination and selected 60 students from India for on-site training and learning and he was one of them. He further completed his Diploma of Advanced Studies (Information Technology) from Webcom Technologies USA with A+ Grade (Above 85% Marks).
After completing his Diploma of Advanced Studies (Information Technology) Sukh was given Solan Centre of the organisation for the practical placements. He started his job as junior web designer/developer but with-in two months promoted to Web/Online Analyst – Web Designer/Developer and then appointed as Manager (Marketing and Training).
He taught Information Technology (IT), Information Systems (IS), Business & Management, Information & Communication, Project Management, Training & Assessment, Multimedia & Web designing subjects/courses/units at several reputed organisations such as Heights, ZED (A Zee Tv Education Centre), NIIT, Aptech, MIT, TMG, ICTM. He also worked as an editor for weekly and monthly magazines “Hum Hindi”, “Stylo Aunty – Gossips Unlimited”, “Bandhan” etc. from 1998 to 2008.
He worked for many not for profit organisations such as Bharat Vikas Parishad, Junior Chamber International, Melba Support Services, No Smoking Club Int., “Adara” Rooh, Save The Children Foundation, The Child Abuse Prevention Society, HAPC: Help A Poor Child, TASC: The alliance for safe children, on different roles.
About “My First Paid Job” and my experience
I have started my first paid job when I was just 8 years old and I was given 20 Rupees at that time for a dance show on stage during a cultural event.
I love all my jobs but the job I did as a tutor in Webcom Technologies USA, Solan Center was/is very special and It was a great experience with-in months howthe Institute promoted me as a Senior Multimedia & Web Analyst/ Web-Designer and Developer to Manager.
I have thereafter worked with many managers from different positions, different organisations but Mr. Vikas Dhingra (Engineer) would always be very special to me for giving me my first great platform. I would also always be thankful to Sushma Gurung, Manager, enrollments MIT and Anna Haranas Manager of Vocational education training, grandfathering, professional development courses at Gowrie Victoria.
I have also worked with a number of not for profit organisations including Junior chamber International as Fundraising & Events Coordinator where my job-role required me to support children, and young people, supporting the relationships and networks that are established between volunteers and their host communities, utilising the “ripple effect” to encourage and support volunteers to share their experiences with the broader community.